September is National Deaf Awareness Month, so Campaign US decided to get some insights from Rosa Lee Timm, recently named CMO of Communication Service for the Deaf, which is the world’s largest deaf-led social-impact organization. Timm shares how deaf and hard-of-hearing people are misrepresented in the media, how brands can better engage this community and how to handle unconscious biases.
Do you think deaf people are still portrayed inaccurately in media and entertainment today How...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events