A Norwegian investigation has claimed that the online advertising industry is out of control in the latest warning about how user data is used and shared with brands.
The Norwegian Consumer Council has filed a General Data Protection Regulation complaint against online dating apps such as Grindr and companies that receive personal data through these apps, such as Twitter’s MoPub, ATT’s AppNexus, OpenX, AdColony and Smaato.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events