He has left the company and is reported to have been replaced on an interim basis by Alan Batey, head of US sales and service, while the company searches for a replacement.
The reasons for his departure are not clear, but several reports quote a GM spokesman as saying Ewanick failed to meet the expectations that a company has of an employee and resigned.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events