A former employee of ADK is under investigation for insider trading linked to Bain Capital’s acquisition bid last year, according to a report by a Japanese publication.
The Mainichi newspaper reported that the executive is alleged to have leaked information on Bain’s bid to an acquaintance before the deal became public. The acquaintance reportedly used the information to profit from selling ADK shares.
The report did not include names.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events