Perhaps not surprisingly, Domino’s has abandoned its recently announced plan to employ reindeer to deliver pizza in the harsh winter in Hokkaido, northern Japan.
The animals apparently proved too strong-willed to train, charging past customers’ houses into fields, according to a release from the pizza chain. The pizzas also took a beating, being thrown about while on the reindeers’ backs, Domino’s said. As a substitute, the company now plans to use a fleet of scooters...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events