InMobi released a report on China’s mobile programmatic advertising trend in 2019 on Monday, illustrating such trends as the booming of mobile video ads, fast-moving consumer goods will continue to lead mobile programmatic advertising and security issues.
- Chinese adult net users spend an average of nearly three hours on mobile devices every day, around three times the time spent on computers.
- Spending on mobile programmatic advertising is forecast to surpass 190 billion yuan (US$27.6 billion) in China in 2019, up 111% year-on-year.
- Spending on mobile video ads will surpass 62 billion yuan (US$9 billion) this year, up over 30% year-on-year.
- Spending on mobile programmatic video ads is predicted to surpass 50 billion yuan (US$7.3 billion) in 2019, soaring 500% year-on-year, even faster than in the North America market.
- The FMCG industry is actively embracing mobile programmatic advertising, and is expected to represent 40% of overall adspend, followed by finance (10%) and auto (7%).