The story of Clarks began almost 200 years ago when Cyrus and James Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time, it was ground-breaking and a combination of invention and craftsmanship, according to the British footwear brand's own narrative.
But when one is almost twice the age of a centenarian, one tends to walk a little clumsily, or sometimes trip and fall over.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events