Once a thriving chain of drive-in eateries, AW has suffered decades of corporate instability that strangled sales and forced many AW outlets to close. In 2003, its five outlets in Singapore, plus several in the Philippines were shut down.
Even the popularity of its root beer could not stave off the troubles that beset the company. A revolving door of owners and executives took its toll. Competition from other aggressive fast-food chains, such as...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events