In these particular conditions it's probably easier to get change made. People understand it more, said WPP CEO Sir Martin Sorrell told Campaign Asia-Pacific brand director Atifa Silk just weeks before his hasty departure from the firm.
When things are tough you sort of create burning platforms, Sorrell said, necessitating coordinated action. In contrast changing practices in good times can be harder, he noted, since solid sales growth can cover...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events