WPP’s board has hired independent counsel to investigate an allegation of personal misconduct against CEO Martin Sorrell, a move that industry experts say brings up questions around the holding company’s succession plans.
The investigation into the undisclosed personal misconduct allegation is ongoing, said WPP’s Buchanan Communications in a statement. The allegations do not involve amounts which are material to WPP, the statement added.
According to a report from Pivotal...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events