Being host of the 2020 Olympics and the 2019 Rugby World Cup has put Tokyo under a lot of scrutiny. The construction of the new Olympic stadium has been plagued by controversies from the start. It’s a challenge that has dogged previous host cities, and Japan has not been left unscathed despite its reputation for quality and standards.
The Olympic distinction, nevertheless, is expected to give Tokyo an edge in business events, according to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events