Aimed at nurturing young advertising talents, the three-day programme includes exclusive lectures and master-classes from the region’s leaders. Students will also participate in the Spikes Asia official programme, acquiring firsthand insight into the creative advertising and communications industry.
Steve Latham, director of talent and training for Spikes Asia, said the programme represents Spikes Asia’s commitment to cultivating young talent by improving their knowledge and skills, which will help them in their future careers.
This is the fifth consecutive year that Cheil has sponsored the Academy. “In the advertising industry, talent is the best asset, so I am excited and committed to continuing this Creative Academy programme,” said Daiki Lim, president and CEO of Cheil Worldwide.
The students will be tutored by Noor Azhar, senior lecturer in visual communication and media design at the Singapore Polytechnic Design School. He has tutored the Academy since its inception in 2009.
Azhar was previously art director at CreAds Advertising and Batey Ads. He then set up integrated brand communications agency Just Media (now JM Asia).
The students who will participate in the 2013 Spikes Asia Creative Academy are:
- Lily Qian, Communication University Of China, China
- Qinwen Yu, Communication University Of China, China
- Melessa Chu, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Devonne Pei Ti Niam, Savannah College of Arts and Design, Hong Kong
- Bina Nurrifri, Binus School of Design, Indonesia
- Seonwoo Lim, Konkuk University, Korea
- Kwang-jin Kim, Chonnam National Univertisy, Korea
- Aaron Tan Jun Yuen, Saito College, Malaysia
- Anosha Nimra Shahab, Institute of Business Management, Pakistan
- Aaron Val P. Articulo, University of Asia and the Pacific, The Philippines
- Amanda Ler Liyun, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore
- Elijah Eugene Ng Jiajun, Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore
- Sahil Gunesekere, Northumbria University, Sri Lanka
- Jack Lee, Tamkang Univeristy, Taiwan
- Natcha Hiranburana, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand