Globally, South Korean native Gyehyun Kwon is the man behind Samsung’s sponsorship of world sporting events. As global corporate vice-president, his responsibilities include global communications, external relations and public affairs, and worldwide sponsorship and sports marketing. Kwon points out, the brand’s global sports marketing programme is valued at $45 billion, of which eight per cent is ear-marked for sponsorship.
Over the past 25 years, South Korean giant Samsung has become not just about mobile phones and electronic gadgets, it’s...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events