The arrest of Nissan Motor chairman Carlos Ghosn on Monday stunned Japan and the wider business community, sending shares of Nissan and Renault plummeting.
Following a whistleblower report, the man widely seen as the most powerful figure in the automotive industry has been jailed in Japan along with an accomplice, representative director Greg Kelly, for allegedly underreporting compensation for a number of years.
Nissan said in a statement that it had uncovered...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events