Mindshare India and DDB Mudra Group have won gold awards in the WARC Awards 2019's Effective Use of Brand Purpose category.
The awards, which follow earlier announcements of Warc's Effective Innovation and Effective Social Strategy winners, were announced late yesterday. The winners of the remaining category, Effective Content Strategy, will be announced soon.
Mindshare India's gold came for 'The Adaptive Data Lighthouse' campaign for Hindustan Unilever's Lifebuoy. The work targeted the people most at risk of infections preventable by good hand hygiene to increase sales in rural India.
DDB Mudra Group's win came for its 'Free period' campaign on behalf of Johnson & Johnson's Stayfree.
Altogether, work fr0m APAC won seven out of the 13 awards given, with India taking five of them. In addition to aforementioned golds, DDB Mudra also won a bronze award, McCann Worldgroup India won a silver and a bronze, Mindshare Indonesia got a silver, and Reprise Malaysia won a bronze.
The contest awards marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community, according to Warc, which also gave out three special awards (noted below).
Fernando Machado, global CMO of Burger King, chaired the jury of 14.
- Putting 'Mum' into 'Parenthood' · Babyshop · FP7 McCann Dubai · MENA + Smart Spender Award
- The Adaptive Data Lighthouse · Lifebuoy · Hindustan Unilever Limited · Mindshare · India + Evaluation Award
- Project Free Period · Stayfree · Johnson & Johnson Pvt. Ltd. · DDB Mudra Group · India
- Add gaming experience to your CV · Manpower · ManpowerGroup · Geelmuyden Kiese Nordic · Norway + Employee Engagement Award
- True Colors of Slovakia · Absolut Vodka · Pernod Ricard · Triad Advertising · Slovak Republic
- India's Newest Matchmaker · Harpic · Reckitt Benckiser · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- Movement for Movement · Rexona · Unilever · Mindshare Indonesia · Indonesia
- The Brother of Noura · Saudi Telecom Company · J. Walter Thompson · Saudi Arabia
- Pink Power · Inorbit Mall · K. Raheja Corporation · DDB Mudra Group · India
- The Creative City · Badya · Palm Hills Developments · FP7/CAI, Part of McCann Worldgroup, Good People · Egypt
- The Other Sanders · KFC · QSR Stores Sdn Bhd · Reprise · Malaysia
- Why are You, You? · Louvre Abu Dhabi · ADTCA · TBWA\RAAD · Global
- Making the Invisible Visible · Dettol · Reckitt Benckiser · McCann Worldgroup India · India
You can view case studies on the Warc website. The Grand Prix and Special Awards winners across the four categories of the WARC Awards share a $40,000 prize fund.