Only two APAC agencies ended up among the 15 campaigns from around the world honoured in the WARC Awards for Effective Social Strategy, with both Reprise Malaysia and TBWA Singapore winning bronze awards. Reprise won for 'The Burger Wars' on behalf of KFC and TBWA Singapore won for the Singapore Tourism Board's 'Why Gamble With Your Holiday?'.
Grey London won the Grand Prix for The United Nations' global campaign 'The People's Seat'.
Overall 15 campaigns were cited: one Grand Prix, three golds, seven silvers and four bronzes.
Christine Xu, vice president and chief marketing officer of McDonald's China, chaired the jury of 13 agency- and client-side professionals.
Here's the full list of winners:
- The People's Seat · The United Nations · Grey London · Global + Live Award
- Closer Than You Think · Child Focus · Wunderman Antwerp · Belgium + Smart Spender Award
- Save the Cows · Puck · Arla Foods · FP7 McCann Dubai · Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
- Not Just One Creator · Vans · VF Corporation · Starcom, MRY · United States + Path-to-Purchase Award
- Turning their tweets against them · Burger King · MullenLowe US · North America
- Change Has a Taste · Coca-Cola · FP7 McCann Dubai · Saudi Arabia
- How Starbucks created the fourth place in coffee culture · Starbucks UK · Manning Gottlieb OMD · United Kingdom
- Get Packing! · JetBlue · MullenLowe US · North America
- While You Wait... · Emirates NBD · FP7 McCann Dubai · United Arab Emirates
- The Mud Soldier · Flanders Fields 14-18 · Visit Flanders · Ogilvy SocialLab · Europe, North America, Australia
- Chairman · Heineken · Nigerian Breweries Limited · Insight Publicis · Nigeria
- The Burger Wars · KFC · QSR Stores Sdn Bhd · Reprise · Malaysia
- Sponsor of Losers · McDonald's · FP7 McCann Beirut · Lebanon
- Mix · M&M's · Mars Wrigley Confectionery · AMV BBDO, MediaCom · United Kingdom
- Why Gamble With Your Holiday? · Singapore Tourism Board · TBWA\Singapore · Singapore
Case studies of the winning campaigns are available on the Warc website. Warc has already announced the winners in the Effective Innovation category. The remaining categories, Effective Content Strategy and Effective Use of Brand Purpose, will be announced shortly. The Grand Prix and Special Awards winners across the four categories share a $40,000 prize fund.