With cocunuts readily available fresh from street-side vendors, restaurants and hawker centres, it seems counter-intuitive that Southeast Asians would opt to buy pasteurised coconut water in a Tetra Pak.
But Vita Coco, which launched in Singapore, the Philippines and Brunei last year, believes that convenience, combined with education about the benefits of coconut water, will win consumers over. “You can’t put a coconut in your car’s cup holder, and you can’t fit a machete in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events