For most people, a word that first comes to mind when asked about Jakarta would be malls. Indeed, the mall has perhaps been the city’s most prominent feature of the past few decades and its evolution in many ways has reflected that of the city itself.
The first ones opened in the 1980s following Indonesia’s oil boom, including Ratu Plaza, Jakarta’s first upscale mall. These offered an alternative to traditional markets and quickly became the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events