MC Saatchi’s recent layoffs in Hong Kong were, according to the agency’s Asia CEO Chris Jaques, an attempt to shift the company toward a brand consultancy model.
Jaques, complaining of ad agencies undercutting each other in the Hong Kong market, argues that consultancy offers a “high growth, high margin strategy”. Recently, it has launched Clear and Sunshine in Asia to provide consultancy. But is this a viable strategy for ad agencies struggling to turn a...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events