The project brings together leading linguists and aims to promote the replacement of complicated colloquial terms with easy-to-understand language when speaking to tourists. The motivation is partly practical, but also to give tourists a more fulfilling experience and encourage them to return.
A number of tourists to Japan are able to speak the language to some degree. Dentsu notes that the main beneficiaries of this project would be Taiwanese, South Korean and Hong Kong citizens...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events