Dentsu Group saw organic growth fall 1.6% in this year’s first quarter, with its Japan business slipping 2.7% and operations at Dentsu Aegis Network by 0.7%. Overall revenue minus sales increased 2.3% to 227.9 billion yen US$2 billion.
The company’s underlying operating profit fell by more than 25% to 24.4 billion yen $222.9 million.
Dentsu attributed its slump in Japan mainly to lower spending on traditional media, but said...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events