Contrary to common belief, the powerhouse megacities of Southeast Asia might not be the main force that drives the region’s future growth. Instead, argues a new report, the so-called middleweight’ regions and cities, of 500,000 to 5 million people, could be far more important in powering ASEAN’s future consumer spending, and are where more business attention should be focused.
Rethinking ASEAN, by Nielsen and economic strategy firm AlphaBeta, argues that many widely-held...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events