In a power-starved Agra village, Preeti Gupta’s kirana neighbourhood grocer uses a solar-powered “eKOCool” refrigerator to serve chilled drinks to customers. The unit has been developed by Coca-Cola for retailers in rural India, where an estimated 60 per cent of the population lacks electricity. The unit can also charge a mobile phone or light up a home.
Rural markets currently account for a third of the beverage maker’s total volume in India, but Coke...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events