TBWA Hakuhodo won three best-of-discipline honours and eight gold cube awards on its way to the global Agency of the Year title at the The One Club for Creativity’s global ADC 98th Annual Awards ceremony on Monday night in New York.
TBWA Hakuhodo won all eight of its gold cubes for 'Pride Jersey' on behalf of AIG, and the same work also won three best-of-discipline honours in brand/communication design, fashion design and product design. AIG won brand of the year honours.
Eleven countries in APAC picked up 47 ADC cubes (15 gold, 14 silver and 18 bronze) plus 58 merits (see breakdown below).
Besides TBWA Hakuhodo, the other APAC gold winners were:
- In China, Minmin Qu and Qian Jiang Nanjing won gold for 'Yu-ichi Inoue/Shiko Munakata/Kazuo Yagi' on behalf of The Commercial Press.
- Ogilvy Hong Kong won three gold cubes for Birdland (Hong Kong) for its much-awarded 'Hot & Spicy' campaign.
- Hakuhodo Tokyo, with Hakuhodo Products Tokyo and Hakuhodo i-studio Tokyo, won a gold for Hakuhodo 'Brain Drool 2016 Archive'.
- Dentsu Tokyo, with Nissin Foods Holdings Tokyo and Geek Pictures Tokyo, won gold for 'Akuma no Kimura (Demonically Spicy Ramen)'.
- Cheil Worldwide Seoul, with Junpasang Production Seoul, Bounce CreativeSeoul and Yonggamhan Production Seoul, won a gold for 'Firevase' on behalf of Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance.
The best-in-show black cube went to Final Cut New York and Furlined Santa Monica, with Droga5 New York, for 'The Truth Is Worth It' on behalf of The New York Times.
Here's a breakdown of all the APAC cube winners and merits by country:
|China / Thailand||0||1||0||1||2|