TBWA\Shanghai won ADC China Agency of the Year and Dentsu Tokyo was named ADC Japan Agency of the Year at The One Club for Creativity's ADC 97th Annual Awards Monday night in New York.
The COGY Wheelchair won Best of Discipline honours in both Innovation and Packaging & Product Design for Japan’s Tess Co. along with Tohoku University School of Medicine, both in Sendai, M2 Design and TBWA\Hakuhodo, both Tokyo. The redesigned wheelchair also received two ADC Gold Cubes and one Silver.
CHE Proximity, with Revolver/Will O’Rourke, both of Sydney, won Best of Discipline honours in Advertising for "The Hearing Test in Disguise” for Cochlear.
Dentsu Tokyo won four ADC Gold Cubes, three Silver, three Bronze and 13 Merits.
The ADC Black Cube for Best of Show went to “Barbers” by Furlined, Santa Monica, CA, USA for Apple. The work also won Best of Discipline and a Gold Cube in Motion & Film Craft and three Merits in Advertising.
The year’s top honours, based upon cumulative ADC Cubes and Merits won across all disciplines and categories, were:
- Network of the Year: BBDO Worldwide
- Advertising Agency of the Year: BBDO New York
- Boutique Agency of the Year: Åkestam Holst, Stockholm, Sweden
- Design Firm of the Year: The New York Times Magazine, New York
- Boutique Design Firm of the Year: Magpie Studio, London
- Production Company of the Year: Furlined, Santa Monica
- Brand of the Year: Apple
The full results are available here. Below are some country-by-country highlights, provided by The One Club for Creativity:
- TBWA\Shanghai won one Gold Cube for “A Thread of Hope” on behalf of BAO BEI HUI JA - NGO for Missing Children in Brand & Communication Design. The work also won a Bronze in Experiential Design and Merit in Design for Good. The agency won two Bronze for Penguin Books “Penguin Frozen Storybook”, one in Illustration and one in Design for Good. The work also won a Merit in Publication Design.
- Silver Cubes in Packaging Design went to Hangzhou Dongyun Advertising Design of Hangzhou, which won a Silver Cube for Qingyinongnong “Shiny Woods”, and Shenzhen Great-Time Vision Marketing & Planning of Shenzhen, for its own “Tea Packaging”.
- China Academy of Art, Hangzhou, won two Bronze for “Henryk Tomaszewski“ for Power Station of Art Shanghai / Power Station of Design Shanghai, one in Publication Design and one in Brand & Communication Design. The academy also won a Merit for Toppan Printing Co., Ltd. “FUSION (5 Posters)” in Publication Design.
Other ADC Bronze and Merit winners from China were:
- Wieden+Kennedy Shanghai
- Amber China, Shanghai
- Au Chon Hin with Instituto Cultural de Macau
- Mintbrand Design
- Another Design
- Day Day Up Design Consultancy
- Hanqingtang Design NH7
- T-Change Design
- Sun Xiaoxi
- Delighted Design
- Tian Yu Kong Advertising
- Ogilvy & Mather Group HK won an ADC Silver Cube for Birdland “200% Edible” in Packaging Design.
- McCann Worldgroup India, Mumbai with McCann Health, Delhi, won a Silver Cube in Product Design for “The Immunity Charm” on behalf of the Ministry of Public Health, Afghanistan. The work also won a Bronze and a Merit in Design for Good.
- TBWA India, Mumbai, won a Bronze Cube in Advertising for “Zoobar Pet Friendly Bar”, and Black Swan Life Communications, Mumbai, won a Merit in Photography for Amar Tea Pvt. Ltd. “Tea Society”.
- As mentioned above, Tess Co., with Tohoku University School of Medicine, both in Sendai, M2 Design and TBWA\Hakuhodo, both Tokyo, won Gold Cubes and Best of Discipline in both Innovation and Product Design for “COGY Wheelchair”. The work also won a Silver in Design for Good.
- Dentsu Tokyo won four ADC Gold Cubes on the night. One in Advertising for “The Art of Cutouts” for OLFA Corporation, and two in Brand & Communication Design, one for “Optical Odyssey” on belief of JINS and the other for Shochiku co. ltd Minami-za “Eating Kabuki with your fingers”. Working with Amana and Taki Corporation, both of Tokyo, Dentsu Tokyo also won an ADC Gold Cube for Hokkoku Shimbun “Sumogirls 82 Techniques” in Advertising.
- TBWA\Hakuhodo won a Gold Cube for “Green Light Run” on behalf of adidas Japan in Experiential Design.
- Shiseido, Tokyo won a Gold in Brand & Communication Design for its own “Makeup Tools”, and the work also picked up a Silver Cube in Advertising.
- SIXINC with SPA-Hakuhodo, both Tokyo, picked up two Silver Cubes for “Obsession for Smoothness” on behalf of Double A in Advertising, as well as a Merit for the work in Motion & Film Craft.
- SHA, Tokyo won one Silver for its own “Uncontrolled Types by Plotter Drawing” in Publication Design, as well as a Merit for the work in Typography.
- Knot, Tokyo collected two Bronze Cubes for Yamaha Corporation “Yamaha Speaker VXS/VXL/VXC Series”, one each in Brand & Communication Design and Photography.
Other Merit winners included
- Yahoo Japan
- Creative Power Unit
- Mori with Tymote
- Q with Boat and Grandpa
- Sayuri Studio
- Edition Nord with Rondade
- Live Art Books
- McCann Tokyo with Soda! Communications
- Grand Deluxe
- Ahn Graphics, Seoul received a Merit for its own “AGI Seoul 2016 in Publication Design.
- Bito with Taipei City Government, both in Taipei, won a Merit for Bito’s “Taipei in Motion” in Motion & Film Craft.
- McCann Worldgroup Bangkok won Merit for “Capture” for Verena International in Advertising.