The Grand Prix in the Media category this year went to Mediacom/BBH London for ‘Tesco’s Food Love Stores’.
Asia’s top award was a Gold and Bronze Lion for Clemenger BBDO Sydney for the ‘Aussie News Today’ campaign for Tourism Australia.
Australia also made a clean sweep of the three APAC Silver Lions, one for the much-vaunted ‘Palau Pledge’ by Host/Havas Sydney – it has also won the Grand Prix for Direct and Gold in Brand Experience & Activation.
The other two Silver Lions went to Y&R Melbourne for ‘Sip Safe’ for Monash University, which also won Gold in Health & Wellness and Bronze in Outdoor, and UM Sydney/Droga5 New York for ‘Dundee’ for Tourism Australia.
There was a sizeable 10 more Bronze Lions for APAC as follows:
- DDB New Zealand for ‘Fight for Territory’ for Steinlager – this also won three Silver Lions in Direct and Silver and Bronze in Brand Experience & Activation
- Dentsu Tokyo for ‘Emergency Collectibles’ for Kobe Shimbun – this also won Bronze in Print & Publishing
- BBDO Lahore for ‘The Bridal Uniform’ for UN Women
- JWT Bangkok for ‘Home is Not a Boxing Ring’ for Women & Men Progressive Foundation
- CHE Proximity Melbourne for ‘Carsales AutoAds’ for Carsales.com.au – this also won Silver in Direct
- BWM Dentsu Melbourne for ‘Disappearing Person Alerts’ for Queensland Police
- Y&R Auckland for ‘Apocalypse Steve Hansen’ for Arnott’s
- DDB Auckland for ‘Re:Scam’ for Netsafe
- CHE Proximity Melbourne for ‘The Billion Point Giveaway’ for Velocity Frequent Flyer
- PHD Taiwan/Skoda Taiwan/Redbit Pictures for ‘Skoda X Handsome Dancer “Coincidance”’ for Skoda