A source from the agency said that 45 people in total were losing their jobs, 20 from the Intel account, which McCann lost recently due to Intel’s new open source’ policy, while about 25 from MRM are being let go regionally. Some of the MRM layoffs are believed to be linked to budget cuts by key client Microsoft.
A spokeswoman for McCann said that only 10 were confirmed to be losing their jobs in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events