Unilever has sought to put out a social-media fire in Indonesia over its Golden Gaytime ice cream brand, by explaining that the brand is not even sold in the country.
The company issued a statement yesterday in response to fervent local social-media outcry protesting Golden Gaytime, sold by subsidiary Wall’s, for its name and design, which appear to promote LGBT rightsa tinderbox issue in mostly Muslim Indonesia, where homophobia is a significant problem....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events