Internet media spending will account for 57.2 percent of total ad expenditures in 2017, but will see a lower growth rate than last year because internet penetration is nearing saturation in urban areas, according to GroupM's latest This Year, Next Year China Media Industry Forecast.
TV spending is predicted to drop by 5.2 percent, although it remains the dominant media, while content marketing is also set to see strong gains.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events