If the Havas-Vivendi deal goes through, the group's media agency arm will have to make significant effort to convince clients that the agency is not biased towards Vivendi-owned media assets, analysts said.
The merger, announced yesterday, will see Vivendi, the owner of Universal Music and Canal, buy the Bolloré Group's 60% stake in Havas for 2.3 billion US$2.5 billion.
Vivendi also owns user-generated content online...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events