Good news, bad news.
Alphabet, Google's parent company, reported a net loss of $3.02 billion for Q4 2017 due to a tax hit, while annual revenue for 2017 was $110.8 billion, up from $90.2 billion in 2016.
Without the tax hit, the profit for Q4 2017 was $6.84 billion, representing a 21.15% profit margin.
Revenue was primarily driven by Google's advertising business, with $27.7 billion in the fourth quarter,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events