In an effort to enhance its popularity with young people, Binggrae Banana Milk, a popular brand in Korea, worked with creative agency Innored on the five amusing videos above, which introduce innovative accessories for consuming the beverage.
- A fire-extinguisher attachment meant to pair with spicy food.
- A straw that looks like an IV bag, because the drink is apparently popular as a hangover cure.
- A heart-shaped straw perfectly designed so lovers can drink intimately without banging heads.
- What should be termed a banana bong (but which the brand called a "one-shot straw") for shotgunning several banana milks in one go—unless you chicken out and engage the emergency shutoff valve.
- A super-wide straw (the least inventive of the bunch).
The videos have scored more than 20 million views, no doubt thanks in part to their celebrity stars. (A release didn't bother to name them, so apparently they're so famous they need no introduction, but Ad Nut has asked for clarification.*)
In addition, the brand produced three of the five products and sold 3,000 on the first day of online sales, selling out completely in a week. (Ad Nut is not sure why the companies have not specified which three, but again has asked for clarification.**)
The campaign included Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and paid ads on Naver TV, a popular portal. The brand has made the items available again at two bricks-and-mortar 'Yellow Cafes’ which opened on Saturday.
* The stars are DongHa (he doesn't use a family name) and Yubin Jang. Ad Nut has been informed that they are celebrities of the up-and-coming variety, rather than established mega-stars, which makes the viewership numbers that much more impressive.
** The three products the company sold online and is now selling in its shops are the heart-shaped straw, the IV-style straw, and the giant straw. The "SOS straw" (the fire extinguisher) is going to be sold later this year. Which means that consumers who wish to shotgun six or more banana milks at once are out of luck. Come to think, that's probably for the best.
Anyway, Ad Nut prefers almond milk.
|Ad Nut is a surprisingly literate woodland creature that for unknown reasons has an unhealthy obsession with advertising. Ad Nut gathers ads from all over Asia and the world for your viewing pleasure, because Ad Nut loves you. Check out Ad Nut's Advertising Hall of Fame.|