Google will start charging advertisers and agencies even when ads are skipped.
TrueView for Reach is a new way to buy skippable ads on YouTube, optimised for reach.
In this format, advertisers and agencies will be charged based on the total number of people reached, regardless of how long they watched the ad, marking a return to vanity metrics.
The change allows both YouTube and...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events