The Hong Kong Management Association (KHMA) yesterday launched its Digital Marketing Community (DMC). The group joins two other seemingly similar organisations in a relatively small market: the Digital Marketing Association of Hong Kong (DMAHK), started on in October 2016, and the Hong Kong Association of Interactive Marketing (HKAIM), founded in 2007.
The HKMA operates six specialist groups under its auspices, with the new Digital Marketing Community (DMC) being the latest addition.
What is the difference between the three professional groups?
Here are their official explanations:
- HKAIM "bridges the gap between the advertising and the technology sectors", "promotes the value and success of interactive marketing" to the public, and "facilitates communication between the regulator and the industry on issues such as freedom of online speech, spamming control, online regulations".
- DMAHK is publisher-led and aims to "develop standards and best practices to shape the future of digital marketing" and "commit to talent development, education and cutting-edge research about the critical role of digital marketing".
- HKMADMC, being advertiser-led with the Hong Kong Advertisers Association (HK2A) being a strategic partner, is meant to "gather business leaders, elite marketers, executives and students who excel or are interested in digital marketing to network, learn and share the latest industry trends and developments to further promote a higher standard of professionalism in the field”.
In summary, the HKAIM seems to focus mainly on industry outreach to public and government, the DMAHK more on metrics and the new HKMADMC on networking and information sharing.
The executive committee of the new group includes:
- Viveca Chan, chairman and CEO, WE Marketing Group
- Esmond Mok, regional head of corporate affairs and brand marketing, Greater China and North Asia, Standard Chartered Bank (HK)
- K K Tsang, founder and CEO, The Bees Group
- Karen Tam, assistant general manager, promotions and marketing, Harbour City Estates
- Raymond Ho, corporate and marketing communications director, Hutchison Telecommunications
- Ho Ming Hui, deputy director, customer and brand promise, CLP Power Hong Kong
- Ming Chan, general manager of corporate communications, commercial department, Hong Kong Airlines
- Grace Ho, general manager, Nestlé Hong Kong Limited
- Isabella Lau, chief customer officer, Manulife (International) Limited
- Vivian Lee, executive director, sales and marketing, Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Beatrice Lo, brand director of still beverages, Hong Kong and Macau, Coca-Cola China
- Yvonne Tang, senior director, marketing, McDonald's Restaurants (Hong Kong) Limited
- Ian Chan, business development director, Tencent Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Rebekka Kristin, head of sales, HK and Southeast Asia Marketing Solutions, Linkedin
- Anita Lam, head of FMCG and retail, Greater China, Facebook
- Tania Lau, senior director of marketing and communications, Yahoo Hong Kong
- Sara Lee, head of business planning, Television Broadcasts Limited
- Eva Ng, industry leader, Google Hong Kong
- Jennie So, general manager, international business, Sina Corporation
- Hugo Chan, managing partner, WE Digital
- Mark Chan, management partner, CMRS Digital Solutions Limited
- Samson Choi, managing partner, Ogilvy and Mather Group
- Melanie Lo, CEO, Group M Hong Kong
- Ray Wong, CEO, PHD Hong Kong