In Asia, Beijing followed Singapore in second place while in third place was Hong Kong.
Bangkok came in fourth place, Taipei in fifth and Kuala Lumpur in sixth.
ICCA researchers identified more than 6,500 events in 2007, which is up 800 on 2006.
The ICCA rankings cover meetings organised by international associations that take place regularly and rotate between at least three countries.
Contributing to its success, Singapore will host a series of inaugural tradeshows this year,
such as the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events