We need no convincing that the event industry is wasteful. The Hong Kong Exhibition Convention Industry Association HKECIA Annual Seminar held last Friday 7 December heard that a typical conference attendee discards 1.89kg of waste each day, 1.16kg of which goes to the landfill.
Darren Chuckry, chairman of The Marketing Society, who shared those statistics, said that while many event planners have started practicing sustainability with a social conscience, that itself is not enough to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events