Mercedes Benz apologised profusely to Chinese consumers yesterday for a motivational Instagram post quoting exiled Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lamaa political agitator in China's eyes.
In a statement in Chinese on its official Weibo account, the German luxury car brand said it was concerned about a very wrongful message from our company on international social media.
The wrongful quote was one popularly attributed to the Dalai Lama beseeching people to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events