Angry mobs hurling stones, storming buildings and burning cars. 45,000 riot police armed with tear gas and water cannons. Two dozen Islamic State fighters arrested. Seven hundred wounded. Eight dead. Social media censored to stop the spread of fake news.
Images depicting these shocking events were seen around the world when riots erupted in Jakarta on May 21 and 22. The violence followed the announcement of the official results of last month's general election...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events