The ad above marks Manulife's 110th anniversary in the Philippines with a story loosely based on the career development of a real-life standup comedian named Victor Anastacio.
It's not very funny, at least at the beginning. But that's sort of the point, as the entertainer hones his material in front of his stoic father. The jokes improve as the video moves alongalthough only slightly in Ad Nut's opinion. No offense Humour is highly subjective,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events