Campaign compiles a new 'Move and win roundup' as each week progresses.
This edition will cover October 9 through October 13, 2023.
Catch up on past people moves and business wins.
Dentsu has announced two major new appointments within its group management team.
- Giulio Malegori has been appointed as group chief operating officer, Dentsu Group Inc. Malegori brings great depth in industry experience and an international mindset to this newly created role, which brings together our global business to enable growth. Malegori has been CEO of EMEA since 2017.
- Jean Lin has been appointed as group president—global practices, Dentsu Group Inc. In this newly created role, Lin will draw upon her multi-disciplinary industry experience to build the core capabilities and long-term competitiveness of Dentsu. Lin was appointed as executive officer at Dentsu Group to guide the development of Dentsu Sustainable Business Solutions in 2021. She also became global chief culture officer earlier this year.
Awethentic Group has fully acquired Green is the New Black (GITNB) and The Conscious Festival. This strategic move strengthens Awethentic Group's commitment to advancing sustainability, wellness, and conscious living in Asia, and reflects the group's dedication to fostering positive change and promoting sustainable living choices on a global scale. Awethentic Group CEO Sean Lee-Davies will take on the role of CEO for Green Is The New Black and The Conscious Festival, continuing to work closely with GITB Founders Stephanie Dickson and Paula Miquelis. The former editorial director for Tatler Asia, Lee-Davies founded Awethentic Studio in 2016. The agency has a strong track record of working with transformative food tech brands.
Martech platform SparkXGlobal has announced the appointment of Chen Ling as chief solutions officer. He will be responsible for the commercialisation process of SparkXGlobal's next-generation products and services in the martech sector in China. During his seven-year tenure at Google, Ling served as the industry sales general manager and the head of insights and data team for the Greater China region. He led Google's business growth in verticals like gaming, apps, e-commerce, and branding. His role aims to help SparkXGlobal establish an industry-leading business system centered on ‘intelligent digitalisation’, covering both marketplace and DTC strategic tracks, propelling Chinese brand enterprises onto the global stage.
GOVT has launched of Ministry, a hybrid consulting and agency model dedicated to driving digital growth and transformation tailored to the contemporary needs of business owners and marketing leaders, with Kelvin Koo at the helm as its managing director and partner. Leveraging Koo's extensive expertise, Ministry aims to integrate strategic advisory and data with creative storytelling, design, tech, and digital performance to deliver tangible, impactful results. Koo previously worked as CEO at Falcon Agency and was MD at ADK Connect.
Dept is bringing together its teams under one brand, to deliver pioneering digital experiences for clients and support them across the full digital customer journey. Dept's digital product studio Two Bulls and digital marketing team Feed are joining forces to bring its solutions to new and existing clients, which include eBay, Ancestry, Beyond Blue, Service Victoria, and Meta.
Iris Singapore has been appointed the agency of record (AOR) for a year to handle the social media mandate for Far East Malls’ key brands, such as Orchard Central, the upcoming One Holland Village, and the corporate account for Far East Malls. Speaking on the appointment, Rebecca Nadilo, managing director, Iris Singapore, said, “Iris Inc. was created exactly for briefs, brands, and clients like Far East Malls, where we have such vibrant communities to tap into to create content with us, and where we are focused on creating ideas that will earn their engagement, not just pay for it."
Performance marketing agency NP Digital has announced a list of new clients. The new clients are:
- Deluxe Bathrooms: A specialist bathroom design and renovation company renowned for their build quality, professionalism and reliability based in Ireland
- Hair & Skin Science: A national company of clinics based in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Perth, Canberra & Adelaide
- Little Bellies: A producer of organic, natural, age and stage-appropriate baby and toddler snacks
- LaCorium Health: An Australian pharmaceutical company that specialises in developing healthcare products supported by clinical data
- Monster Health Food Co: A family-owned heritage brand based in Sydney that has been in operation for more than 30 years, specialising in ‘homemade’ products that are "free from" gluten, nuts, preservatives and wheat
- Kloudify: An award-winning IT solutions provider offering digital transformation services for organisations
- Skimlinks: A content monetisation platform that helps publishers monetise editorial content through automated affiliate links for products based in the UK
Corporate and public affairs consultancy Bastion Reputation has announced the appointment of Katrina Shute as principal consultant leading its training and capability practice.
Centuary Mattress, has chosen PAD Integrated Marketing & Communications as its creative agency partner. This marks the second consecutive year of collaboration between the two parties, solidifying their commitment to the overall strategy, planning and creative content requirements across online and offline platforms for the brand.
Keep Left has been appointed as the creative and PR agency of record for global travel insurer PassportCard. Keep Left will be tasked to create an integrated brand campaign to launch PassportCard in Australia, supported by a PR and influencer program.
Zitcha has been appointed by Tyresales to drive its offsite and onsite retail media networks, enabling brand advertisers to effectively leverage first-party data to optimise campaigns and improve return on marketing investment. Zitcha will manage onsite media, including Tyresales’ website, sponsored product banners and search, in addition to Tyresales offsite channels such as Meta, Google and Youtube.
Matt Holst has been promoted to director of digital experience marketing for Adobe's Australia and New Zealand markets. Most recently, Holst was the director of Asia in the same profile at Adobe, where he spent the last three years. He has more than 25 years of experience, with the last 12 as a director running multiple marketing functions across Adobe and Dell. In the current role, Holst will report to Duncan Egan, Adobe’s VP of DX marketing for Asia Pacific and Japan.
Experience Commerce, part of the Cheil Digital Network, has secured the media mandate of the ICC World Cup 2023 for MRF Tyres on Hotstar. The Cricket World Cup is being hosted in India and as part of the deal, the agency will provide creative and media services to MRF. It aims to achieve exceptional brand recall on Hotstar, featuring prime advertising slots, mid, pre, and post-roll ads, and a 40-second promotional spot.
Global strategic advisory, Dentons Global Advisors-Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG) is expanding its Asia footprint with a Singapore office. Senior advisor to the firm May Loh will lead operations for the regional Singapore hub and assume the role of partner. In her new role, Loh will draw upon her experience to help clients navigate Singapore and other markets throughout the region.
- Jane Jacob comes from Johannesburg to take up the head of strategy role. Most recently Coca Cola’s consumer and shopper connections senior manager in Africa, Jacob, brings 18 years of experience, predominantly with Ogilvy in South Africa, working across a range of leading global brands.
- Clare Lambert joins as Sydney client lead from London. Before Ogilvy, Lambert spent the past two years at Wunderman Thompson in London as business director. With strong experience across experience design and digital transformation, she has also worked in a range of business direction roles during her 20-year career.
- Emily Shum joins as CX director, coming from Paris. Before moving to Sydney, Shum worked for Ogilvy where she held the title of global program director and led digital transformation and loyalty programs for clients across EMEA, the UK, the USA, and China.
Edelman has appointed Alyssa Soh as head of influencer marketing in APAC and elevated Simon Murphy to the head of business marketing. In their new roles, Soh will report to Tyler Vaught, Edelman’s global head of influencer marketing, and Murphy to Joe Kingsbury, global chair of B2B marketing. Soh joins Edelman’s newly created role after a decade in the tech sector, most recently as head of branded content and creators for X (formerly Twitter) JAPAC. With over 25 years of international experience in corporate affairs and communications, Murphy has been with Edelman for six years, having joined the firm in Hong Kong as head of Corporate in 2017, before relocating to Melbourne in 2022 to take up the role of EVP, head of corporate innovation, APAC & global client lead.
Havas Creative China has appointed Eric Sun as executive creative director for the Shanghai office, effective immediately. With over 18 years of experience, Sun worked for international agencies, digital marketing and integrated marketing communications companies as a creative leader across industries such as 3C, auto and FMCG, winning awards including Effies in Greater China. Before joining Havas Creative, Sun headed the creative team at Huawei's global consumer business group and Lotus Cars' global brand centre.
Sling & Stone has been selected to launch the very first JW Marriott hotel in New Zealand following a competitive pitch. As a strategic communications partner for the US$15 million (NZ $25 million) refurbishment, the challenger agency will be sharing the hotel’s transformation journey across a long-term integrated PR, events, social media and creator campaign that will reach consumer and travel industry audiences in the Asia-Pacific region. The campaign leads up to a public launch in 2024.
Uber has reappointed EssenceMediacom as its media agency in Asia-Pacific. Following a review of the brand’s media account, Omnicom Media Group took the majority of Uber’s global media business in June, including $600 million business in North America, Europe and Latin America, and EssenceMediacom retained the business in APAC. The agency's Sydney office will lead the media account of Uber, both for rideshare and delivery service UberEats. Meanwhile, Uber’s former ANZ director of marketing, Andy Morley, who was on Campaign Asia’s Power List in 2022, has been promoted to director, head of marketing in APAC since June.