The former WPP boss pictured, above said in an interview with Campaign that Read should run WPP as a twosome with Andrew Scott, the chief operating officer, even though the company has put Read in sole charge as chief executive.
Sorrell, who abruptly departed in April after 32 years as chief executive, knows Read and Scott well because they worked for him for years at WPP....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events