This year’s Grand Prix winner in the Film Craft category was Blur Films Madrid for the ‘Hope’ film created for the International Committee of the Red Cross.
In addition, 13 Gold Lions, 29 Silver Lions and 43 Bronze Lions were awarded, with Asia-Pacific picking up 13 of those: two Gold Lions, three Silver Lions and eight Bronze Lions.
One Gold was for Revolver/Will O’Rourke Sydney for the ‘Stop the Horror’ feature for Go Gentle Australia, which also won a Silver Lion. The other was for TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno Makati City in the Philippines for the ‘Disgusting Stories’ video for Bahay Tuluyan.
There were two more Silver Lions, one for Greynj United Bangkok for its work with Kasikorn Bank in producing the ‘Friendshit’ film, and the other for India’s Madya Pradesh Tourism Board for its ‘World’s Most Honest Tourism Film’, which also won a Bronze Lion.
The remaining APAC Bronze Lion winners were:
- DDB New Zealand/The Sweetshop for ‘Dylan’ for Lotto New Zealand
- The Sweetshop/DDB New Zealand for ‘The Dance’ film for Lion Nathan
- Aoi Pro Inc Osaki for ‘Obsession for Smoothness’ for Double A International Network
- Finch Sydney for ‘Rat’s Tale’ for New Zealand Transport Agency
- 2 Bronze Lions for Alt.vfx Brisbane for ‘Lost Panda’ for Tile
- Y&R New Zealand for ‘Geoff’ for Heinz