In January, 58 per cent of Korean households had an internet connection via a home PC, the highest percentage globally. This was followed by Singapore and Sweden, at 57 per cent, and Hong Kong's 56 per cent. The US now lags these four countries with respect to home internet connections, with a penetration of 54 per cent.
The above figures contrast strongly with those that relate to online purchase. In Hong Kong, for example,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events