Scandals, major events and celebrities top Yahoo’s Year in Review list of the most searched terms for the year. The World Cup featured high on the list across Asia Pacific except in The Philippines, Indonesia and Taiwan.
In the US, the BP oil spill led the search term list, followed by celebrities Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian and Lady Gaga. With the World Cup, Americans also had a newfound fascination with soccer.
In Hong Kong, Yahoo found that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events