In Cantonese, the phrase career line 事業線 refers to a woman's cleavage. The term seems to be an accepted form of casual sexism in polite society 62 percent of male and female respondents recently polled by Edelman Intelligence said that the term was not derogatory or harmful.
That's just not right. So the Women's Foundation of Hong Kong set out to stop people speaking about women's careers in the same breath as their bodies, through...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events