Multiple hacker networks are involved in auto-redirect attacks that cost advertisers and publishers $1.13 billion annually.
The finding is the basis for a report by GeoEdge, an ad verification company, based on the analysis of 650 million impressions. The mechanisms of attack include mobile click fraud, tech support claims, and malicious app installations.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events