In the 10 years since the iPhone was launched, gum sales globally dropped 15%, according to Euromonitor. Why Because chewing gum is merchandised along the queue line at pharmacies and convenience stores, and when people are waiting for something, they’re usually on their phones.
Chewing gum became invisible, and as any shopper marketer will tell you, invisible is unsold.
Just another nail in the coffin of bricks and mortar retail, hammered in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events