Spikes Asia has revealed the shortlist for the 2018 Innovation Spikes. Handpicked from a total of 35 submissions (hailing from 12 countries across APAC) the dozen selected entrants will have 10 minutes to present their ideas to the Innovation jury and audience on the first day of the festival, Wednesday, 26 September.
As part of the larger Spikes Festival (which runs from 26 through 28 September in Suntec, Singapore) the Innovation Spikes aim to honour the very best in revolutionary ideas, creative solutions and technological adaptations that further communication between organisations and their audiences. This year’s jury is being led by Tuomas Peltoniemi of TBWA\Digital Arts Network, who in addition to casting votes, will also pose followup questions on the work as it is presented.
The 2018 shortlist:
- ‘Project Revoice’ for The ALS Association by BWM Dentsu Sydney, Australia
- ‘Hearprint’ for Cochlear by CHE Proximity Melbourne, Australia
- ‘‘Lucy’ for Prince of Wales Hospital by Deloitte Australia Melbourne, Australia
- ‘‘FireBlanket’ for NRMA Insurance by M&C Saatchi Sydney, Australia
- ‘‘Camry WebGL Configurator’ for Toyota Motor Corporation Australia by Rotor Studios Sydney, Australia
- ‘‘Sip Safe’ for Monash University by Y&R ANZ Melbourne, Australia
- ‘‘Roads that Honk’ for Hindustan Petroleum by Leo Burnett India Mumbai, India
- ‘‘Unforgettable Bag’ for Tesco by Grey Malaysia Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- ‘‘Relúmino’ for Samsung Electronics by Cheil Worldwide Seoul, South Korea
- ‘‘Chatty School Bus’ for Hyundai Motor Company by Hyundai Motor Company Seoul, South Korea
- ‘‘Making the World Accessible, Dot by Dot.’ for Dot Incorporation by Serviceplan Korea Seoul, South Korea
- ‘‘Petal Paint’ for JAT Holdings (Pvt) Ltd. by Leo Burnett Colombo, Sri Lanka
See here for some additional details on the shortlisted entries.
In a statement, Peltoniemi voiced his appreciation for the live format of the event and its ability to provide greater insight into the showcased work. He went on to describe Spikes Innovation as “A fantastic learning opportunity and a place to spot the trends that will lead the way for next year.”
After some intense deliberation by the jury, recipients of the bronze, silver, gold and Grand Prix gongs (if any) will be revealed at the Spikes Asia Awards Show on Friday, 28 September, at the closing of the three day Festival.
This year marks the first time that independent assurance for Spikes Innovation will be provided by PwC, led by partner Sam Tomlinson.
For further details on attending the Innovation presentations and Spikes Asia in general, see www.spikes.asia. Spikes Asia is a joint venture of Cannes Lions organiser Ascential and Haymarket, the publisher of Campaign Asia-Pacific.