Surf brand Billabong may have paddled too far into the impact zone just as the 2008 financial tsunami hit.
The surf, skate and skiwear brand has reported its first global loss since 2001US$287 million for the year ending 30 June, compared to a net profit of $123 million a year earlier. The company lost nearly half of its market value in six months after rebuffing private equity firm TPG Capital’s offer of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events