The move by ecommerce platform JD to penetrate rural China through physical stores is a fascinating one. For those who missed it, JD announced in March it plans to open 10,000 home appliance stores across China via a franchise model. This aggressively expands a strategy that has to date seen the company open 1,700 in rural areas covering 450,000 villages in total. A month after another statement came, saying JD was to establish more than 1 million convenience...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events